Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday Sermon: I AM the Resurrection and the Life

Sermon from church service this morn:
I AM the Resurrection and the Life
John 11:1-53
Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life.
      Sure hope and savior is with us thru death
Simply make known the prayers you have. No need for a long drawn out essay.
Jesus loves by giving us Himself so we have more than what we want and there is no room for dread.
12hr=daylight
Martha= busy bee, sees Jesus first awknowledges Him as Lord but still doubts.
Hope= I know whatever you ask for God will give you. Martha needed her brother now, not later.
Resurrection is not an event but a person and a relationship, Jesus is the resurrection. He is the I AM
Do we believe He is the resurrection?
Mary= meets Jesus and falls at His feet. Asking the deeper q Do you love me? Can I trust you?
Jesus confronts Martha with truth, where as He confronts Mary with someone to be there, someone to trust and who will weep with her. Jesus wept- not rebuking her grief. Jesus knew His friend would rise again but He still wept.
Death is not natural.
Only here because we cut ourselves off from God. Death is wrong and not part of God's creation. When we loose someone grief is natural, good, and healthy.
Jesus prays and awknolwdges the Father. That they may know God sent Jesus.
Sin makes you stupid and blind. All the pharasees could think about was themselves. So they plotted to kill to save themselves, ultimately destorying themselves. Good job guys.
How do we respond? without fear, we cant control this kind of God. We must submitt, He is the Resurrection and Life.
Do we believe that we will not face death alone?
Do we believe Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life?
We need to cry out "Oh death, where is your victory? where is your sting?"

0 comments: