Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Clinical of Second Semester

Okay! Today was my first clinical day in my second semester. Faux Pas of the day are as follows:
1. I woke up at 4:30am, went to two McDonalds and they were both closed at 5am.
2. Got to the hospital an hour early, and went to the first floor snack bar to buy the most unhealthy breakfast ever, because the cafeteria was closed.
3. I got lost on the way to my floor....
4. I still got to the meeting room 30 mins early... so I just sat there because I did not know how to do anything on the computers.
5. Found my nurse, followed her around but didnt understand half of what she said.
6. Went in to take vitals on a pt and the thermometer flew out of his mouth and hit the wall. Of course I got a new cover and apologized to the pt.

At least I can say that I did get most of my paper work done that needed computer information. It was a great learning experience, and on the way home I did not fall asleep by the grace of God :)
More later,
Love,
      SN who admits to flaws

0 comments: